Hardware required in Job Costing & Time and Attendance solution is as follows:
- Handheld job data capture units and biometric readers are installed at convenient points around the factory and are connected to the existing IT infrastructure and IT data network;
- Handheld barcode readers are attached to the Data Capture Readers;
- A quality Barcode printer is required to print the following:
- Individual labels for each EMPLOYEE involved in manufacturing process;
- Labels for every JOB which are stuck on your current Document (Print one label per copy)
- Labels for each TASK: (these barcode labels may also be printed on an A4 sheet and placed in a “copy safe” and attached to the wall near these Data Capture Terminals)
- Labels for EXIT codes: (these barcode labels may also be printed on A4 sheets and placed in a “copy safe” and attached to the wall to one side of these Data Capture Terminals)
How TurboTime Job costing software works:
- Each employee receive their own unique Employee Job Number (EMP-JOB# example: E235)
- Employees scan their EMP-JOB# from the provided barcode labels
- This Employee Number (without the preceding E) can be used to clock this employee “In” and “Out” for Time and Attendance, as well as Job Costing software solution in Australia plus Production Timing.
- Access Control for unlocking doors can be added at a later stage?
- When an employee arrives at the work place, they:
- Clock IN: TurboTime, Time and Attendance module,
- “Clock ON” a specific job,
- “Clock OFF” a specific job,
- Clock OUT: Going Home TurboTime, Time and Attendance,
- Job Status: Informs the manager the current status of all open jobs.
Task Codes and Exit Reasons:
|Task Codes ON:||EXIT REASONS:|
|Punch||Waiting for more instruction|
|Boiler Making||Emergency change job|
|Drilling||Going to stores|
|Long Seam weld||Waiting for SPARES|
|CMC “Big Boy”||Task completed|
|CMC ”Stanley”||Lunch break|
|Straightening||Task completed & end shift|
|QC (Quality Control)||JOB completed|
|Rework||END of SHIFT|
|Warranty, No charge.|
Job Costing Hardware Procedure and Job Costing Software Procedure
Clocking ON (Starting) a Job:
- Push “F1” on the Data Capture Terminal
- SCAN the Employee Number: “E”
- SCAN the JOB Number: ……….. “J”
- SCAN the TASK Number: ……… “T”
Clocking OFF (END) a Job:
- Push “F5″ on the Data Capture Clock
- SCAN the Employee Number …… “E”
- SCAN the EXIT REASON …………..“X”
Flow of Events
- Quotation accepted by customer and purchase order received.
- Works order number issued.
- System-Operator prints barcode labels and attaches to Job Cards. Sends to shop floor.
- Employee Clocks onto JOB.
- Employee Clock’s OFF.
- Repeat Step 4, and also Step 5 until this Job is 100% finished.
- Do a post mortem. Analyse the results if over-budget. Was it the Job or the person or the time allowed that was the cause of the variance? CCTV can be a useful tool during this job analysis?
- Invoice this job, by closing this particular Job.
- Start at Step 1 again. Make more profit for the business.
JOB Status Report:
- Shows which Jobs are currently Open and what the current status is.
- Indicates when jobs were opened and who is working on them?
- Waiting for parts are highlighted in RED for immediate action!
Time Allocated to any Job Report:
- Shows the hours booked to a job. Select Summary or Detailed.
- Start and stop times are indicated with hours accumulated.
Time Allocated to an Employee Report:
- Show exactly what time employees clocked ON / OFF Jobs.
- Time spent on the Jobs for the day or for the Week, Month, Year.
- If an employee only booked six hours for the day but was paid for at 10 hours then you need to find out what happened to those other four hours.
- We classify these as lost hours.
Excess Time Report
- Shows Jobs where the time allocated exceeds the time allowed.
- Action needs to be taken to make sure that this problem is identified and does not reoccur. Learn from past mistakes.
Daily Exception Report:
- Shows all jobs that have missing clockings.
- Shows who “clocked ON” and who forgot to “clock OFF” a job?
- Take action to make sure this problem does not recur!
Over budget jobs report:
- Shows all jobs that have exceeded their allocated monitory value.
- Shows the percentage over budget by job and task.
- These percentages improve with time, as you will have the correct tools to measure and monitor progress.
Shows time and money status report:
Job budget was set at 16 hours at a cost to company of $8,000.00, but when finished it took 24 hours at a cost to company of $12,000.00, that is fifty percent over budget, at an additional cost to company of $4,000.00
This sort of information is very important for any business owner to know.
Do you not agree?
This system provides lots of feedback so that you can measure how much time is allocated to a job against how long the job actually took to complete. You can also determine the actual time wasted by employees booking time to “Waiting for more instruction”.
Employees can not beat this software system. They have to account for their time, no matter what. If they book too much time to the job, you will know about it immediately because the software system will warn you that the time actually quoted has now been exceeded. This is when you move into the area of losing money!
What hardware is required to make up a TurboTime Job Costing solution?
There are four hardware components required for a fully functional TurboTime Job Costing solution:
- An existing or new IT network;
- The data capture terminals (biometric or RFID proximity);
- Handheld Barcode readers (one per data capture terminal);
- Quality Barcode label printer.
Software components required for a TurboTime Job Costing solution:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008
- TurboTime Time and Attendance Software module along with the powerful Job Costing software module.
|The IT Network:|
|You can either attach the data capture terminals to your existing TCP/IP network, or have a dedicated network with up to 254 data capture terminals.|
Data-Capture Terminals: Biometric fingerprint scanners or RFID cards.
|Our Data capture terminals have a built-in fingerprint reader as well as RFID card reader and can also be used as a Time and Attendance scanner terminal.|
|Handheld barcode Scanners: Any laser barcode scanner can be used. The only prerequisite is that it must have adequate USB connectivity. Barcode Label Printer: A quality label printer to print your barcode labels on.|
|The Job Costing Procedure:
To guarantee uniqueness:
Once everything is set up, we are ready to roll. This is how simple it is:
It is important to note here that it is NOT necessary to have an Exit Code for Lunch or Tea breaks as these parameters are set in the TurboTime shift setup.
Note on Stores: