ANTI TERRORISM SERVICES: (Security Specialist)
Objective: Anti-Terrorism Specialist (ATS) Program provides an in-depth perspective to terrorism & strategies for counter terrorism measures with considerations for the development of emergency procedures, action plans with risk mitigation & crisis management in the face of imminent terrorist threats in NSW.
Description: Anti-Terrorism Specialist (ATS) introduces international terrorism and their definition, origin & evolution since New York 911. The categories & objectives of terrorism: Structure, operational capabilities & threats posed by terrorist groups on a global level as well as the intended organizational objectives. The course includes presentations on widely known, prominent international terrorist organizations, with a focus on their ideology, mind-set, and motivation. Following the introduction to terrorism and terrorist operations, participants learn and discuss individual protective measures to lower their personal profile. Lastly, lectures and discussion will occur on the exploration of organizational emergency action/crisis management plans. The discussions will include preventive measures, security guidelines, and emergency protocols for crisis events such as: Attacks on religious centres, public transport hubs, hijacks on airlines, IED and VBIED attacks, kidnap, hostage & ransom, sports event, hotel bombings.
• Discuss and understand the foundational principles underpinnings of terrorism.
• Overview of Terror Organizations, Proliferation, Global Imprints, Influence, its history, and its evolution to modern day prominence, impact on our security & safety.
• Discuss Characteristics & Motives of Terrorist, Radicalization, Religion, Ideology, Influence, Hatred, Revenge, Adversary Mindsets, global terrorist operations & its intended effects.
• Profile and analyse Terrorist Modus Operandi, Terrorist Attacks, Targets, Attack Plans and Phases, Major Attack Case Studies, Types of Attacks, Improvised Explosive Devices: key roles and/or involvement of international terrorist groups.
• Analyse general characteristics of Terror Attacks on Government and Business, Entities, Business Impact & Implications (explosive, armed, CBR, cyber) and Counter Measures by Government Organizations & Global MNCs.
• Evaluate international terrorism and its links to religious organizations & governments.
• Evaluate and analyse the regional and global threats posed by terrorism.
• Summarize the history of terrorism and how it applies to current political strategies.
• Discuss, assess, and recommend individual protective measures for the following: residential environments, travel, office/commercial settings & social media.
• Understand and evaluate the Roles, Responsibilites, Position & Actions of Security Professionals in Organizations and what is done to (3D): Deter, Detect, Defend against Terror Attacks using (3M): Man, Machine Method with (3G): Guns, Gates and Guards.
• Recommend different strategies for corporate emergency action/crisis management plans: Counter Terrorism Planning: EAP [Emergency Action Plans], RCMP [Risk & Crisis Management Plans], OPSEC and HUMINT, Counter Surveillance,
• Case Studies; Response to Terror Attacks / Incidents [Bomb Threat Response, Mail Threat Response, Cyber Attack Response, VIED Threat Response, Response to Terror Attacks (Preparation and Response).